Dog treats can get very expensive, and it always seem like your pets go through them 50 times faster than they probably should. I figured that there's got to be a Pinterest recipe out there for "DIY Dog Treats," and by doing a quick search, I found TONS! I did settle on the one that I already had most of the ingredients. This recipe I found on Dogbook. Unfortunately I didn't have that cute bone shaped cookie cutter so I tried to make a DIY cookie cutter...Let's just say the bones ended up looking more like penises. Good for a bachelor party, but not for my dog. I ended up finding a LEGIT cookie cutter at this hipster pet store in Downtown Pleasanton called Murphy's Paw. But that's enough babbling, here is the recipe!
Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup (unsweetened*) shredded coconut
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon applesauce
*The original recipe from Dogbook said "unsweetened" but my Safeway didn't have any, so Luna got the regular sweetened coconut
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
3. Mix wet ingredients together in separate bowl, then combine with dry ingredients until well combined.
4. Knead mixture into a ball.
5. On wax paper, cut out treats and place on an unlined baking sheet
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Store in airtight container (this is important! don't want those treats to get old and moldy and get your pup sick!)
Luna loved these treats and I had a TON of them so I ended up giving some to Drew's sister who has a Maltese. The Maltese loved them too! Definitely making this recipe again.


0 comments:
Post a Comment