On Friday, about 5 people sent me a link advertising a FREE ice cream social of dogs at all of the East Bay Pet Food Expresses. There is one right next to my apartment so I knew I had to show up.
Saturday, Casey and I decided to check out the ice cream at Pet Food Express. She brought her two pups, Stella and Toby (who was rocking out in his stroller).
When we got there, we could choose a flavored ice cream AND what ever topping we wanted! I chose bacon peanut butter ice cream with freeze dried beef for Luna. As I was waiting for the ice cream to be scooped and prepared for Luna, I heard Casey say "Oh! Well, Luna will eat it for you Stella!" I look around and there's Luna, licking her lips with an empty bowl of ice cream. Well, Luna, you don't get to have this one then, you impatient little dog!
I gave Stella the ice cream Luna was supposed to have and walked Luna away from the scene so there was no way she could slyly chomp down on some one else's treat. Stella liked this flavor ice cream more than her last one, and she carefully licked parts of the ice cream (I think most of the toppings). When she was done and didn't want any more, Casey gave the rest to Luna. And she demolished it. Seriously...Luna doesn't lick ice cream how normal people or dogs eat ice cream. She BITES it, and swallows it whole! She was acting like I never feed her!
After the ice cream, we went inside and purchased a couple new items (I bought a travel water bowl and a knuckle bone). Then we hit the road again (by foot), to downtown Livermore to grab a refreshing adult beverage and some lunch.
It was a nice and relaxing Saturday. Chilled outside in the nice weather, then went home to take a nap. Sunday was pretty much the same way, relaxing and easy going. Gotta love weekends like that!


0 comments:
Post a Comment