I came home from work, and Jenna and Luna (and Megan, Jenna's friend) were still on their hike. I had the apartment to myself! No childog to take on a walk, or take out to go potty, or to entertain. It was serene, like I was at the beach on vacation just listening to the sound of waves hitting the shore and the breeze in the air. Is this what it's like when you have kids and they are at school or at a sleepover? This blissful break? It's AMAZING!
I wake myself up from my daydream, and get dinner ready and prepare for Luna's arrival since they would be home soon (which is okay, since it was starting to get weird being by myself in that apartment). When Jenna and Megan came by to drop Luna off, they filled me in on how much of an angel Luna was (I think to myself, "Ya, that's right, my dog is soooo well behaved" and in my head I pat myself on the back) and that she didn't even bark at the other dogs walking by who were barking at her.
I'm telling you, we got lucky with this girl, she has never been that dog who barks like crazy at anyone that walks by. That is, unless she's in her domain (our apartment) and she does not know you very well, she will bark at you and growl to try to get you away from her territory. I'm okay with this though, in case we ever have an intruder, I'm pretty confident she will scare the crap out of them.
Aunt JuJu leaves, and I thank her for taking Luna on a hike and tell her she has the "Best Aunt Award" right now. After they leave, Luna falls asleep, pooped after the surprise hike.
0 comments:
Post a Comment